Tuesday 25 October 2011

Ridin' the Hog

Just back from a week in the sun to Fuerteventura in the Canary Islands. Just round the corner from our villa was a shop renting Harley Davidsons. I'd never ridden a Harley nor had much wish to do so. But with them so close by I had to treat myself. I got a 96 cu in (1584cc) Super Glide and went for a day's tour round the island. The roads were superb. Well surfaced with lots of sweeping curves (not necessarily a good thing on a Harley!) and great scenery. The Harley was fun to ride but a crude old thing and the lack of ground clearance was scary.


View fron highest point in the island


Statues, big statues

Feedin' the critters

Nice beaches

The island is volcanic

2 comments:

  1. I hope those are Harley Davidson approved socks you're wearing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot to say that the "plus four" look was because when I started riding the bike I kept catching my trouser leg on the pegs. I thought it best to look daft rather than dump a £12k bike on the deck.

    ReplyDelete