Tuesday 24 January 2012

Football

I'm not a great football (soccer for American readers) fan but I do watch the English Premiership on "Match of the Day" at the weekends. So for our annual visit to London I got tickets to see Fulham v Newcastle. And a great day out it was. Craven Cottage, Fulham's ground, is small and cosy and the atmosphere was friendly. It was, as the pundits say, a game of two halves. The home side were poor in the first half and were lucky to go in only one goal down. In the second half they fought back to win 5-2 with American Clint Dempsey being the hero with a hat trick. My only regret was that I did not see the infamous Michael Jackson statue inexplicably erected by club owner Mohamed Al-Fayed.  



 

 

3 comments:

  1. Definitely caught his 'plastic' look...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Plastic look? Sure it's not the real look???? Just saying.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always smile when sports commentators refer to Fulham FC as "The Cottagers" due to their playing at Craven Cottage. I'm sure that it was a much more innocent time when the nickname was coined.

    ReplyDelete