Wednesday 5 December 2012

Out in the Cold



I've not been far on the bike over the last couple of weeks due to persistent freezing conditions. But today it was sunny so I decided to wrap up warm (thermals, mitts, balaclava, multiple layers of clothing etc) and take a short run down to the coast. The roads were mostly clear but any untreated surfaces were solid with ice.


         Port Glasgow

"Ginger" by sculptor Andy Scott in Greenock. Ginger was a local dray horse who sadly fell into the harbour & drowned in 1889. Not one of Andy's best I think. The head & neck don't match the body.

The Pole Star is a lightship supply vessel that was built locally.

 The great Scottish Engineer James Watt was from Greenock

 Me at Gourock in my winter gear.

Memorial to Free French Navy that operated from Greenock during the war.

 View of the Firth of Clyde from the memorial

 Nymph statue, also by Andy Scott, Greenock

Our horse Fritz, like me, wrapped up against the cold.

Well I stayed warm & comfortable during the short run and had a very enjoyable afternoon out.



No comments:

Post a Comment