Monday 24 September 2018

Dumfries - the Long Way.

The town of Dumfries in southern Scotland is a favourite destination for me. It's a fairly short run - 70 miles by the quickest route but there are lots of options for a more meandering run and that's what I did today.      

The wilds of South Lanarkshire

Dalveen Pass

I'm sure I've never been here before. Durisdeer is just a few houses and a church

The church dates from 1699

Old gravestones

Nearby was this ford. It looked a bit deep and slippery so I chickened out and rode over the footbridge. It had a timber plank deck but luckily it carried myself and the FJ.

A view of Drumlanrig Castle in the distance

I found some deserted back roads….

…..that deteriorated into gravel and potholes. Not the ideal surface for the FJ

The mouth of the River Nith

Annandale on my way home


No comments:

Post a Comment