Thursday 26 March 2020

Down Along the Border - Part#2

From last Saturday, before my wings were clipped.
Riddings Railway Station on the old Carlisle to Edinburgh railway line. Now a private house. The "Speed and Comfort by Rail" sign (just about) remains.

Entering Scotland on the A7 Carlisle to Edinburgh road

This post has many stickers from passing scooter clubs

Firewood for sale with an honesty box in Canonbie. Ah, country folk.

I don't associate this area with coal mining but this old winding gear commemorates a man killed in the pit.


Liddel Water forms the border at Penton Bridge
  
Liddel Water at Kershopefoot 
<-Scotland...England->

Just south of the border is Stonegarthside Hall. It dates from 1682 but might be based on a 13th century tower house. It has been described as ‘arguably the most remote country house in England’.

"Keep Scotland Bonnie"

1 comment:

  1. Nice information here, I would like to share with you all my experience trying to get a loan to expand my Clothing Business here in Malaysia. It was really hard on my business going down due to my little short time illness then when I got heal I needed a fund to set it up again for me to begin so I came across Mr Benjamin a loan consultant officer at Funding Service He asked me of my business project and I told him i already owned One and i just needed loan of 200,000.00 USD he gave me form to fill and I did also he asked me of my Valid ID in few days They did the transfer and my loan was granted. I really want to appreciate their effort and also try to get this to anyone looking for business loans or other financial issues to Contact Mr, Benjamin Email: 247officedept@gmail.com He is also available on WhatsApp Contact:+1-9893943740.

    ReplyDelete