Friday 18 August 2017

Back on the SV


I've enjoyed riding the CBF this summer. It's nice looking at the scenery as you trundle along at a modest pace and getting a whole day's riding on a single tank. But with the SV repaired and a fresh MOT obtained it's time for some speed.

It's not that the SV is crazy fast - it has brisk performance. But with the combination of light weight, great handling and a willing, revvy V-twin engine it just begs to be trashed. Of course I'll be keeping it sensible today. I'm keen to avoid any more dealings with the medical profession for a while.

I headed to the Scottish Borders and Berwick upon Tweed.

This is a favourite view of mine. Looking north from Lammermuir Hills to the Firth of Forth and Fife. (try saying that quickly three times) 

I'm not superstitious but some lucky heather can't do any harm.

I took this photo of a wind farm for the purple heather in bloom


Berwick

The old bridge in Berwick

Looking across the River Tweed to the town

Another favourite view - the River Tweed near Broughton

3 comments:

  1. The heather fields are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too. The purple produced a surreal landscape. I'll have to find & photograph more heather.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on being back on the SV, torquey V-twins are great. I agree with Sonja, the heather fields are so pretty, but then I seem to enjoy all your views.

    ReplyDelete