Monday 21 August 2017

Classic Show in Fife


Yesterday I went over to Fife to meet my friend Malcolm at a classic vehicle show in Ladybank. There were a lot of interesting vehicles.

Here are a couple of Yamaha two stroke twins from the early '70's

An AS1 125cc and…

….a YR5 350cc

Mod style scooters

I always feel a twinge of guilt when I see a BSA Bantam having killed one many years ago.

A rare one, I think. A 350cc Norton Navigator(?)

Indian Scout

If you were a kid in the '70's a Raleigh Chopper was the bike to have

An Isetta bubble car. Although an Italian design this one was made by BMW (see badge)

I liked this little crawler tractor. Intended for use in market gardens. It must be like having your own mini tank.


A British sports car I'd never heard of. It's a Healey Elliot. This car has a racing heritage. It won the touring car class in the 1948 Italian road races, the Mille Miglia & Targa Florio.  

This truck took my interest. It's a Sentinel DG4 made in England by the Glasgow engineering company Alley and MacLellan. It's steam powered and amazingly produced until the late 1930's. My mother worked in the Glasgow factory before I was born.

Malcolm thinking - what the hell is this thing? - It's a 1992 Suzuki 250 SW1.

2 comments:

  1. Having been a kid in the 70's and living in British Columbia those Raleighs bring back quite a few memories. I think my older brother had one.

    Thanks for sharing all the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, sign me up for the Norton Navigator, the Indian Scout, and that Sentinel DG4..

    ReplyDelete