Saturday 30 December 2017

A Christmas Visitor


Urban foxes are common in this country. In the past we've had foxes visit our garden looking for scraps. I've not seen one for a while but this healthy-looking specimen seems to have decided we are part of his (or her) domain. Foxes are generally timid and avoid humans but this guy (or gal) is very bold and was unconcerned by my presence.

Some people are down on urban foxes but I've no problem with them. They scavenge anything that's left for them then go.
 
 

5 comments:

  1. How very cool. I miss seeing foxes in the yard Haven't seen any since they cut down our forest though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live near farmland but I'm sure the foxes live in town all the time. I'll post more photos if I can tempt him with scraps.

      Delete
  2. Not sure, what to make of it when spotting a fox in an urban environment. On the one hand I am happy to see wildlife so closely, on the other hand I worry because the critter is very likely to be run over in traffic.

    Take care and a wonderful New Year. Cheers from Germany. SonjaM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there are lots of foxes about here but I don't see any corpses so they must take care crossing the road!

      Have a great new year and I look forward to your posts.

      Delete
  3. I love foxes, stunning animals! You are lucky to have one trust you. Feed it well :-)

    ReplyDelete