Friday 29 November 2019

Canal Revisited - Part #1

Throughout this month we've had some cold conditions - sometimes the frost has persisted all day. So it's good that I have the CBF back on the road. Light weight and mild power are perfect for these conditions. The cold has prevented me from going any distance but I have been out and about.

Eight years ago I did a trip along the Forth & Clyde canal (see here) and I thought I'd revisit it and find some bits that I missed.

The west end of the canal at Bowling where it enters the Firth of Clyde

Boats in Bowling basin


Autumn colours, Clydebank

Cycle sculpture, Clydebank. The canal provides a safe route for cyclist.


Maryhill locks, Glasgow


The canal passes an old industrial building in Ruchill Road

Spears Wharf. These buildings were used for grain storage and later converted into flats

No comments:

Post a Comment